Saturday, June 7, 2008

Going down the city

I am thinking of what to write but I have no particular subject this time. I would just like to write what comes into my mind. Perhaps, it’s because of a lot of reasoning powers which are flooding into my mind. These play a significant event in my life that multiplies to my existence. Whoaaaaaa!!!!

Another year is again added to my mortal presence to this world full of august and wicked facts occupying the globe. I realized how these realities transformed my life and never expected to happen. When I first arrived in the city, I was so idealistic and I wanted everything to be organized. Everything that I saw MUST and SHOULD be in accordance to what I know. This caused me say words which makes me sorry now. I became judgmental because of my idealism.

Culture shock gave a very big impact in my years of stay in the city. I see how people treat other people and how these people do their best to defeat the demands of the way of life in the city. I meet people who are well-off hypocrites and in contrast to these, I came to know people who are so damn down to earth. The level of life paradoxically turns out to be sometimes fair and unfair.

I may have spent my formative years in the mountains but I will never trade this to any place even if it’s more beautiful or whatsoever. It is not the beauty that lies here. it is the experience, the culture, the tradition and most importantly the principles that the mountains taught and instilled in me. These may not be perfect but these guide me to whatever path I walk in.

Living in the city for almost a decade now taught me how to go through the struggles and challenges that life pours to this race-may it be natural or human factor. I get blissful spirit, become frustrated, become tired and develop boredom that attracts laziness but I learn; thus, makes me tougher to face this gigantic world.

I couldn’t help myself to think of the possibility of what or who I am had I stayed in the outlying areas. Will I have the same characteristic and personality? Maybe yes and maybe no. As they say in French, “je suis pas” or I don’t know. My instinct tells me no, I wouldn’t have the same. My parents are there always looking for my welfare whereas I’m here managing my own self. They molded be to be one anyway.

Funny for I try to gather these thoughts yet nothing is accomplished. Chuwan!!!

No comments: