Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cañao

I and an immediate family went to a village somewhere in Baguio City to visit and see a friend. It was a 30 minute ride from the city going up to Aurora Hill and still further up. The jeepney stopped at a junction where all passengers got down and proceeded on their own way. 

We walked for almost 10 minutes before we reached the house of our subject. At the entrance of the house, I saw some busy men cooking and washing something. I had a closer look of what they were doing when we were invited to go inside the house. They were actually beating a B-cull. So I knew they were having a pinikpikan. 

We entered the house and I saw these skulls welcoming us. 

My curiosity kicked in so I asked the man who was one of the men cooking outside about those skulls. He said these are from the previous Cañaos happened in the family. It was during the owner's parents marriage, their death and the son's own marriage. 






No comments: