Monday, February 22, 2010

The Glory of Negros


I was in the province when one of my colleagues who happens to be from Sipalay, Negros Occidental called and informed me about her incoming trip to her province due on December of 2009. (She was aware I really wanted to go to their place since I saw her sister's picture in one of the beautiful beaches in Sipalay.) I agreed so she booked us for the plane on that very day. After few more weeks, our scheduled flight for the trip came in.
Dec. 28 at around 2:30 pm, we boarded the plane from NAIA Terminal 3.We landed past 3 at the newly constructed/opened airport in Silay where taxi drivers delightedly meet us offering their services to the town proper which is almost an hour away. There were taxis which they filled in (like jeepney ") charging Php 150 per person. 
Mambukal Resort Entrance
It was past 4 when we arrived at the city town proper (market area) where her friend was waiting for us. Their Hello's and kumusta seemed like forever to me since I could already hear my "pet" rumbling inside my stomach. We spent another 30 minutes searching for a carinderia that offered Bacolod specialties. After eating, we went around the city (Bacolod park and the new city hall) and had our time enjoying the different blinking bright lights all over the place like there was no lights in Manila..duh!


The following day, we traveled to Murcia for half an hour where Mambukal Resort is located. There are a lot of things to that can be done here like boating, swimming, slide for life, wall climbing, trekking etc. We decided to challenge each other and trek the 7 falls which tested our endurance. The 2 reached the 4th falls and wanted to stop. I told them to wait for us (with our guide) since I was really determined to see all the falls. According to the people there, there are still falls after the 7th but are not yet open to public since it was not yet developed. When we were about to leave, our guide informed us that there is a cave in the resort.
bats in Mambukal Resort

The next day, we got on the last trip ordinary Ceres bus going to Sipalay. It was a 4 to 5 hour travel from Bacolod but it was like 24 hours because of the tedious experience we had in that bus. We were at the back and there was no more space that even an ant could not pass through yet the driver and dispatcher still accepted passengers. My backside went sore because I was not not seated comfortably and it was a rough road! It was a very long ordeal. Anyway, we reached their house around 8 in the evening, rested for a while, had our dinner and off to bed. 
We celebrated new year by visiting a lot of beautiful white sandy beaches.

7th falls in Mambukal 
The next day, we got on the last trip ordinary Ceres bus going to Sipalay. It was a 4 to 5 hour travel from Bacolod but it was like 24 hours because of the tedious experience we had in that bus. We were at the back and there was no more space that even an ant could not pass through yet the driver and dispatcher still accepted passengers. My backside went sore because I was not not seated comfortably and it was a rough road! It was a very long ordeal. Anyway, we reached their house around 8 in the evening, rested for a while, had our dinner and off to bed. 

We celebrated new year by visiting a lot of beautiful white sandy beaches.
Dagat-dagatan is found in the town proper of Sipalay. Some people were enjoying a dip in the water while we took our time walking and appreciating the view of the sun going down. Restaurants and bars are also available nearby. 

After Anhawan, I went to the place of another colleague in Negros Oriental by Ceres Bus. I went alone but I enjoyed the journey. It was like a caterpillar ride but what really made me appreciate was the surrounding and the landscape I saw along the way.
ticket inspection
We met in Dumaguete City and strolled around the city. We went to Robinson and to Boulevard before we proceeded to her friend's place in Valencia where we stayed overnight.
Boulevard, Dumaguete City
swimming in Valencia
Bayawan Memorial Park

Then we went to her home town in Bayawan, near the memorial park before I went to Mag Aso Fallshttp://lifesunfathomabledepths.blogspot.com/2010/02/mag-aso-falls-kabankalan.html



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check this link, hermes fall 2011 to take huge discount