Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mag-Aso Falls, Kabankalan


From Bayawan, Negros Oriental, I traveled back to Negros Occidental going to Kabankalan City to join some friends who will be going to Mag-Aso Falls. This is quite unknown even to some locals. 
a "flowering" PUJ and a habal-habal
The road going to that place was very rough. We waited for PUJ's but to no avail. Folks said only the habal-habal could go up. Luckily, there was a 6th wheeler truck heading up so we beg the driver to hitched us. It was a gravel and sand delivery truck owned by the municipal government. We joined the other people behind the truck and I swear this is one of the worst ride I ever had. I almost left the place where I seated had I  not held the metal attached on the side when the truck bounced off. 
 Finally, after few minutes we arrived at the place. There was a beauty pageant pictorial during our visit the reason why there were a lot of people at that time. It was the search for Ms. Negros 2009.
Mag-Aso falls has several mini falls. It is said that the highest and main falls is 75 ft high which drop into the well carved natural pool. The cascading water is very clear and refreshingly cool.
We walked down and arrived to this falls. It would not be easy going down for people who are afraid of heights-acrophobia. One must really watch out for his own step or else another great attraction will follow.
We waited for the beauty contestants to finish their pictorials and the people crowding the area to leave before my companions had their fresh dip. 
I slipped and had my feet stuck between the white rocks so my shoes got wet. I just settled on enjoying the spots by taking pictures.
We rode this habal-habal
again when we left the falls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EnlariaEmaimE Anrielelin SlurryRuctusy [url=http://napechke.com]Senanamaso[/url] Sopayactuap http://napechke.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodneѕs! Awesօme article dude! Thаnk you,
However Iam experienϲfing dіfficullties with your RSS.

I don't understand the reason why I cannot subscribe to it.
Is there anyone elwe having similar RSS problems?
Anyone that knows the answer will yyou kindky respond?
Thanks!!|

Feel free to surf to mʏ homepage - oprogramowanie do wypełniania pitów 2013

Anonymous said...

That is really attention-grabbing, You're an overly professional blogger.

I have joined your rss feed and stay up for searching for extra of your fantastic post.
Also, I have shared your site in my social networks|

My page oprogramowanie rozliczenie roczne 2013 (najnowszy-pit.pl)